Varicose veins are common.Do you notice swollen, twisted veins under the surface of the skin? Yes, they are varicose veins. These enlarged veins are blue or dark purple in colour with a lumpy, bulging appearance. Although the most common place isthelimbs, it can occur in any part of the body. Most of the times, this condition comes in silence, with very few symptoms. Affecting 3 out of every 10 adults, this is not a rare condition.
The Very Common Symptoms of Varicose Veins
- Swollen feet and ankles
- Heavy, aching and uncomfortable legs
- Burning and throbbing legs
- Dry, thin and itchy skin over the affected vein
- Muscle cramps, particularly at night
The symptoms worsen during warm weather conditions.
Body Parts Affected by Varicose Veins
- Legs (most common)
- Gullet (oesophagus)
Causes of Varicose Veins
Although there is no real cause that can scientifically prove or declare to be the real reason for developing varicose veins, but the risk factors are plenty.
- Gender: The females are more at risk!
- Genetics: It’s all in the genes. You can be the rightful heir of this condition, coming from your parents.
- Age: It is a matter of time. Go for regular checkups!
- Obesity: The extra weight can affect your veins
- Occupational hazards: Prolonged periods of standing can affect the flow of blood in the veins and result in varicose veins of the legs.
- Pregnancy: This is a stage where the risk and tendency of developing varicose veins increases significantly.
- Rare cases: A blood clot, pelvic tumour and abnormal blood vessels can be a reason of developing varicose in the veins.
Are you scared of visiting a doctor for the fear of needles and scissors? Well, do not be, as with the advent of newer technologies, laser therapy is also an effective treatment for getting rid of varicose veins. Yes, with no incision, the laser beam works best. The laser sends a strong beam of light onto the vein, making it disappear. This procedure takes around 30 to 45 minutes in the doctor’s rooms.
Why Laser is preferable for treating varicose veins?
- Minimal pain
- Fast recovery
- Mild bruising, light skin discoloration and at times a numbing sensation are the only complaints and side effects faced. Thus, relatively, there are no side effects at all.
- Safe and effective
- Very high success rate
Keep in mind, the more experienced your doctor is, the lesser is the risk of it not working out. So, get in touch with renowned vascular specialist in Perth NOW!